As the Maharashtra government extended lockdown-like curbs in the state till June 1, Pune police have mentioned some of the most common mistakes that people make while applying for an e-pass for inter-district travel and how that can be avoided. Pune police have said that they have rejected more e-pass applications than they have accepted ever since the system was restored.
Here is a list of errors that can be avoided for the convenience of the travellers needing an e-pass.
Errors to avoid while applying for an e-pass
- Not providing identity cards of yourself or your travelling companion while filing the application form
- Applicants not submitting COVID-19 Negative Certificate along with the application (test should be no more than 72 hours old)
- Not attaching the document related to the reason for travel
- Not attaching documents in a PDF format or submitting unclear, vague photos of these documents
- Not mentioning the current residence address
- Not mentioning the reason for travel in the application
- Citizens undertaking air travel not attaching a travel ticket or boarding pass to the application
Amid the deadly second wave of the novel coronavirus, the Maharashtra government had imposed a lockdown last month to break the transmission chain. An e-pass was also made compulsory for emergency-related inter-district and interstate travel. The same can be availed through covid19.mhpolice.in portal.
How do I apply for an e-pass online?
- Visit https://covid19.mhpolice.in/registration
- Now, fill in the application form and provide all the details as asked
- Hit Submit
- An e-pass Reference Number will be generated. You can use that to check whether you have got the e-pass or not.
How do I check my e-pass status?
- Visit https://covid19.mhpolice.in/status
- Key in your token number
- Hit submit.